We got up around 9:30am, took showers and accessed the internet. Eventually around quarter to 11am we went up to the Inn and had breakfast on the porch where they have outside dining tables. Coffee, orange juice, and bagels with cream cheese made up our choices.
We were able to keep our docking spot at Sportsman's Inn marina, but the "flotilla" do come in and fill up all the docks, especially across the channel on the George Island side where Sportsman's has more long finger docks. It was a real zoo and interesting to watch. I also went for a walk around town - actually looking for a barber - and there ain't much to it. Kathi was busy doing her emails while I was gone. I checked out the grocery store - not a lot of variety and it was very expensive. I also found a bakery. After Kathi was done on the internet, we walked over to the bakery and bought fresh bread and muffins. Back to the boat to drop off the baked goods and then into the dinghy to hit the grocery store. We bought a minimum of things that included some fresh vegetables and fruits, clamato juice, milk, crackers, lunch meats, some cheese, a box of cereal, and that all came to like $95! It was worth maybe $30. Back to the boat and unloaded our groceries and put most things in the ice box.
We were planning to cook up some Lake Trout and some veggies and corn on the cob, but decided to save that for an anchor out dinner. We will head up to the pub again for dinner and maybe back over to see Andy sing again, but no late night tonight! Kathi is currently napping. I am hoping that does not recharge here "party" batteries!
A'Ghrian with Sportsman's Inn in the background, taken from the gas dock

No comments:
Post a Comment