Kathi met a nice woman in the ladies' room yesterday (Irinea)and we went out to dinner with them to the "Little Britt Inn." They are actually rated as in the top 200 restaurants by Toronto newspapers and reviewers. It was very good and we had great conversations with Irinea and John, and the owner of the Inn, Jim. We had great food (even dessert) and it was prepared superbly. John plans to come over in the morning to show us some anchorage suggestions on our way to Killarney. I likes some places up the French River, but I am still disposed to going to the Bustards. John feels there will be too many boats anchored there. We will look at his suggestions and plan accordingly. We do have to get up and get going though, as the trip I have planned to the Bustard Islands is 26+ nautical miles. The marine forecast suggests 15 knot winds from the Southwest with 1 meter waves. We'll see how it goes, but aside from the 3ft waves, the 15 knot winds are good for sailing (no motoring!!!).
Friday, July 16, 2010
Byng Inlet Day 2
Thursday July 15 - Stayed another day. We were moving way too slow to head for the Bustards. Besides it was going to be rainy, blow 20+ knots from the Southwest (could present a wave problem), and we needed to do some laundry. Kathi took care of the laundry and I decided it was time to install an additional 110v receptacle by the corner of the dinette. This now eliminates the need for using an extension cord for fans or other items we might use near the table. It also paves the way for me to mount our 26" LCD Flat-panel TV on the wall near the new receptacle! We will be able to watch movies from the laptop or receive cable TV when at the dock. I have not tried to power the TV with our 300 watt inverter yet, but if that works, we could watch movies at anchor too.
Kathi met a nice woman in the ladies' room yesterday (Irinea)and we went out to dinner with them to the "Little Britt Inn." They are actually rated as in the top 200 restaurants by Toronto newspapers and reviewers. It was very good and we had great conversations with Irinea and John, and the owner of the Inn, Jim. We had great food (even dessert) and it was prepared superbly. John plans to come over in the morning to show us some anchorage suggestions on our way to Killarney. I likes some places up the French River, but I am still disposed to going to the Bustards. John feels there will be too many boats anchored there. We will look at his suggestions and plan accordingly. We do have to get up and get going though, as the trip I have planned to the Bustard Islands is 26+ nautical miles. The marine forecast suggests 15 knot winds from the Southwest with 1 meter waves. We'll see how it goes, but aside from the 3ft waves, the 15 knot winds are good for sailing (no motoring!!!).
Kathi met a nice woman in the ladies' room yesterday (Irinea)and we went out to dinner with them to the "Little Britt Inn." They are actually rated as in the top 200 restaurants by Toronto newspapers and reviewers. It was very good and we had great conversations with Irinea and John, and the owner of the Inn, Jim. We had great food (even dessert) and it was prepared superbly. John plans to come over in the morning to show us some anchorage suggestions on our way to Killarney. I likes some places up the French River, but I am still disposed to going to the Bustards. John feels there will be too many boats anchored there. We will look at his suggestions and plan accordingly. We do have to get up and get going though, as the trip I have planned to the Bustard Islands is 26+ nautical miles. The marine forecast suggests 15 knot winds from the Southwest with 1 meter waves. We'll see how it goes, but aside from the 3ft waves, the 15 knot winds are good for sailing (no motoring!!!).
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment